28.9.06

“we have the papers."

“Fast man, open the door.”
“Not now da, we’ll smoke after 12. There are only 3 cigarettes left.” I sounded very calculative, besides being conservative about cigarettes. “open up man.” Motu started to hiss. Then I figured out that the matter was more provocative than a regular smoke, so I opend the door half heartedly.
Motu closed the door with extra caution before allowing K6 in. even the signing of Magna Carta wasn’t done with such an air of importance, I thought. “we need to help each other out, please.” He sounded like a gangster in one of those old godfather movies.” I was puzzled. K6’s stony silence was irking me way too much. Rahul made a disappearing act while I was busy calculating about evading the exams. Finally, K6 lit a cigarette, took a deep puff and thus the master spake
“we have the papers.”
I would have stripped and jumped in the room had I been alone. But I had my own ego to protect. No more reading of 8051 ports. The biggest curiosity of my life (at least for the time being) were stuffed in one of K6’s pockets. And I will be getting it in a moment or two. Life wasn’t that unfair after all. A friend in need was a friend indeed.
I pretended to be calm, composed and principled (damn I hate that word!), and I was very good at it.
“that’s good, how did you manage this time?”
“that I will tell later, but we need your help to pass.”
“no way I am looking at those papers.” I lied.
“please, I want to pass this last time”, Motu pleaded. He presented himself so pitifully, that he appeared like a helpless animal behind a cage(but for the cigarette stuck between his lips). “you can’t tell that you don’t have time, because preparation for a test whose questions you already know, needs no substantial time.” K6 added.
“no, I’ve already studied some 80% of it. That’s no problem guys.” Another lie. “but…”. I wore an expression on my face as though I was in deep thought, but actually I wasn’t. greed blinds a man’s reasoning ability, whatsoever. Whenever we do something bad, conscience calls us out in the faintest voice possible, and we pretend as though we don’t hear it. Most of the time we never pay attention to it. But, life just goes on. Ultimately we end up doing what we like. “philosophy is too vague to apply to the present context” I said to myself, and stubbed my inner voice like another cigarette.
Motu stubbed his real cigarette impatiently and said “please” loudly, to emphasize that he’s been waiting for me to say a “yes” for too long. “ok, fine.” I muttered. I felt like the referee of an India Pakistan cricket match. I was of prime importance in one of the few instances of my life, and I instantly loved my new role. I forgot Rahul. We had one problem now. We had to keep him at bay. Life suddenly became overwhelmingly simple.

4 comments:

Garrett said...

hmmm... so frnd in need is frnd indeed theory goes to bay.... the conscience was really stubbed

Anonymous said...

“philosophy is too vague to apply to the present context”

right!
i can smell the stink.

Anonymous said...

mamaa..
do write abt ur barghu baby also da..
tat sequence in which u wer surrounded by thugs..
mite be it will help garrett to have a break... :)

and i am sure it will hit the box..

rahul sankruthya.

Badri said...

sure dude, i want to fit them in my head chronologically, thats it. btw u heard from sowembody offlate?

writings

hmmmm...

gamer, raver, science fiction fan, punk, pervert, programmer, nerd and a trekker.period.